Your Hedrick Acres Neighborhood Association
No, we're not a Homeowners Association... not us... no way, no how! The Hedrick Acres Neighborhood Association represents residents, businesses, and property owners within the neighborhood's boundaries. Our goal is to create a community-oriented neighborhood, safe and enjoyable, for all those living and working here. HANA's officers are:
- Co-Chair: Robert Sheinaus (second position vacant, please consider volunteering)
- Co-Secretaries: Linda Drew (second position vacant, please consider volunteering)
- Co-Treasurers: Judith Weiser and Roslyn D. Ioane
We hold meetings every few months that you are welcome to attend! Check the HANA Calendar for upcoming events and/or subscribe to one of the two Neighborhood Newsletters to stay in touch. And if you would like to get involved in helping out in the neighborhood, just let us know!
Follow this link to review HANA's Bylaws.
(Some of) What We Do
Some of the efforts with which folks in HANA are involved follow.
- Neighbors Organized To Abolish Graffiti (NoTAG) — Click here to read more
- HANA Neighborhood Watch — Click here to read more
- Navajo Wash (Our "pocket park" on Mountain and Ft. Lowell) — Click here to read more
- The HANA Web Site — Click here to read more
- Lend-a-Hand Senior Outreach Program — Click here to read more
If you would like to participate in any of these programs or have ideas to make your neighborhood a better place, please let us know!
So... What's With the Chicken?
Hedrick Acres was once home to several poultry farms. When we were looking for a logo that best represented our neighborhood, we looked to the history of the neighborhood and decided the chicken was a perfect symbol of our history. In 2009 we received a grant from the City of Tucson to have neighborhood signs placed at most major intersections within Hedrick Acres.