Crime Prevention & Safety
Hedrick Acres Crime & Safety Resources
• When and How to call 9-1-1 — Information on effectively calling 9-1-1.
• Hedrick Acres Neighborhood Watch Email List — The HANA Neighborhood Watch is our neighborhood watch email list.
• Hedrick Acres Neighborhood Watch Report Form — Let your neighbors know of crimes, suspicious activity, etc.
• Crime Prevention & Safety Tips
• Download the HANA Crime Prevention & Safety Brochure ()
Hedrick Acres Incident Map
Tucson Police Department service calls in the Hedrick Acres Neighborhood for the last week (Note). Click on icons for details.
Police & Other Resources
• AZ Attorney General Consumer Complaint Form
• AZ Attorney General - Stolen Car Check (Search a licence plate or VIN # to see if a vehicle has been reported stolen)
• Tucson Police Department Crime Prevention
• Tucson Police Department - Hedrick Acres Incidents (Updated Daily)
• Graffiti Removal
"Fixing Broken Windows"
There is a tendency for people in the community to feel powerless when it comes to crime and the overall safety of our community. It's easy and understandable to be overwhelmed when we see vandalism, hear of break-ins, and read of incidences of crimes around us. It's also easy to place blame on others for not "fixing" these issues—blaming law enforcement for being lax, blaming the city for not keeping streets clean, etc.
Fix Problems While They Are Small...
Consider a building with a few broken windows. If the windows are not repaired, the tendency is for vandals to break a few more windows. Eventually, they may even break into the building, and if it's unoccupied, perhaps become squatters or light fires inside.
Or consider a sidewalk. Some litter accumulates. Soon, more litter accumulates. Eventually, people even start leaving bags of trash from take-out restaurants there or breaking into cars.
- James Q. Wilson and George Kelling
Whether you live or work in Hedrick Acres, your actions in addressing small problems before they become big problems can make all the difference in the safety, appearance, and overall quality of our community.
(Note) - Powered by SpotCrime. The data made available here has been modified for use from its original source. Neither SpotCrime.com nor our data sources make any claims as to the completeness, accuracy or content of any data contained in this application; makes any representation of any kind, including, but not limited to, warranty of the accuracy or fitness for a particular use; nor are any such warranties to be implied or inferred with respect to the information or data furnished herein. The data is subject to change as modifications and updates are complete. It is understood that the information contained in the web feed is being used at one's own risk.